Having a dinner or lunch at the height of a mountain or a cliff is a very rare experience unto itself and is being enjoyed by everyone whoever tries it at odd and a variable heights. Below are mentioned some of the most popular hill restaurants of the World.
• Chez Vrony, Zermatt, Switzerland: Located amidst the hamlet of eternal wooden chalets, Vrony’s looks like a typical traditional Swiss symbol from outside unless you enter inside it. From inside it has blocked modern furniture tied with black leather and other decorative accessories. At the restaurant you can enjoy venison sausage; ravioli filled with mountain cheeses or pan-fried foie gras with apple, pear and berries.
• Zum See, Zermatt, Switzerland: It is located in Zermatt again on the main run down from Furi, in the Klein Matterhorn-Schwarzsee area. This is 17th-century Swiss cottage close to a chapel. Its upstairs dining room is heated by a log-fired stove as old as the building itself. There you can have the best sweetbreads in the world that are served in a in a cream sauce with either noodles or rösti. Max’s Mediterranean fish soup is another favorite dish there.
• La Marmite, St Moritz, Switzerland: This is a formal fashionable restaurant inside the bright yellow structure consisted of the Corviglia ski station, top on a mountain and is served by a funicular railway. It is just one of six restaurants here catering to every budget and taste. Chef Reto Mathis serves the well-presented dishes with a focus upon the exclusive ingredients, served at tables with white cloths and silver candelabra.
• Chalet Etoile, Cervinia, Italy: This rustic Italian restaurant is skiable from Zermatt and referred to simply as “Ulla’s”. At the restaurant menu keeps on changing on daily basis that includes dishes like a bowl of steamy, spicy broth that brim with mussels and langoustines. Mains course here includes the pasta with mushrooms, spaghetti with lobster or clams, bistecca, or slow-roasted leg of pork. The wine to drink is pinot noir from the Cave des Onze Communes in the Aosta Valley, leaving room for dessert, a perfect espresso with its crema intact, and a high-octane grappa.
• Le Cap Horn, Courchevel 1850, France: This is a place where they can even watch people including celebrities, Muscovite millionaires and status food on a vast sunny terrace overlooking towards the Altiport where Lear jets and helicopters lands. This restaurant has private lounges with about 300 seater main dining area with its nautical theme as echoed in the Yacht Club. One can have a very popular sea food ranging from Le Panier Rouge (Canadian lobster, crab, Dublin Bay prawns and pink shrimps for two) to six fines de claire No 3 oysters.
• Hospiz Alm, St Christophe, Austria: It is subsidiary of five-star Hospiz Hotel situated in proximity to it. This is recognized as the some best restaurant in the Arlberg ski area. There at the lunchtime, various skiers come together on sun terrace for a glass of bubbly and a Wiener schnitzel, pork spare ribs. In evening, it transforms into a typical gourmet restaurant having a wood-paneled dining room illuminated by a crackling log fire.